It has been never more important than now to claim and properly optimize your business on local online directories, if it depends on local customers. Currently Google is the main player in this scene when it comes to have your business listing claimed and properly set-up. It displays your business on the Google Search, Google+ networks and Google Maps for your local customers.
- Accentuate across the Google network.
- Certify correct business information to your customers.
- Create and foster better, long-term relationships with your customers.
- Accentuate across the Google network
Once you have entered all of the proper information about your business in the Google My Business portal it will show up correctly across the entire Google Search network. This network includes the Google Search pages, Google+ and Google Maps. Google also works hard to make sure it is accessible and easily seen no matter what devices your prospects are using.
- Certify THAT correct business information IS AVAILABLE FOR your customers
By updating as much correct information about your business as possible on Google portal, you will give your customers a certified knowledge about you and your products or services in a specific time. This information can help them find your contact number, email address for more information and get directions to your local store faster than ever.
- Create and foster better, long-term relationships with your customers
When you have set-up your business properly on Google My Business, your profile will actively monitor the activities of your customers. This will help you to build a strong base of reliable customers. The Google network of sites allows your business to interact with your customers and it gives your customers the opportunity to show your business some love with reviews, ratings, and the Google +1 button. Customers also have the ability to share what they love about your business and products with their friends and family.
How does Google determine local rankings?
Local results are based primarily on relevance, distance and prominence. These factors are combined to help Google to find the best match for your search. For example, Google algorithms might decide that a business that’s further away from your location is more likely to have what you’re looking for than a business that’s closer, and therefore rank it higher in local results.
FIVE KEY TIPS TO USE GOOGLE MY BUSINESS:
- The more information you add to your profile, the more Google’s search algorithms will have to work with in terms of ranking.
- Make sure you add your keywords and search terms and use photos that best represent your business and the work you do.
- Share your blogs, news, events and other important updates taken from your Google+ page.
- Keep on top of your reviews and make sure you are responding to them.
- Take advantage of the custom insights, Google Analytics reports and integration with AdWords Express to understand how your visitors interact with your business and your posts.